Note: This page will be frequently updated to reflect the latest news.
This page will contain updates from February 25, 2011 onwards.
Based on reports sent in by several of you, we are happy to report that the IIT bill is on schedule to be presented in the parliament in this budget session.
Watch this space for updates, and thanks in advance for your comments and helpful links.
Deccan Herald Report: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/141106/cabinet-approves-changes-iit-amendment.html
IIT conversion bill to be passed in this sesssion. See list of business in parliament
Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs18-February, 2011 15:45 IST
Budget Session 2011 to Commence from Monday 21st February 2011
The list of Government Business identified for being taken up in the Budget Session, 2011 is as follows :-
I - Bills for Introduction
1. The Agriculture Bio-security Bill, 2011
2. The Biotechnology Regulatory Authority of India Bill, 2011.
II - Bills for Consideration and Passing
1 The Seeds Bill, 2004.
18. The Educational Tribunals Bill, 2010 as passed by Lok Sabha.
19. The Institute of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
20. The National Institute of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
21. The Copyright (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
We are pleased to announce the elections for all 14 positions of the Board of Directors of ITBHU Global Alumni Association. The election process of forming new Board of Directors shall be over in next 2 months. The new BoD shall be ready by April end.
The important dates are:
- Announcement of BoD election: January 25, 2011
- Last date of receiving nomination: February 20, 2011
- Last date of withdrawing nominations: February 25, 2011
- Extended date for nomination only for Director, External Affairs: March 5, 2011
In case of more than one nomination for a particular post, voting shall be done by the members of CoR (Council of Representatives). The election shall be monitored by the election team, whose decision shall be final. The 8-member team of election officers is lead by Dr. Supten Sarbadhikari (PhD. Biomedical Engineering, 1995) and Jairaj Hegde (Electrical 1982).
Vish Laxminarayanan (Electrical 1983). Email: email@example.com
President, IT-BHU Global Alumni Association
Amit Gupta (Chemical 1996). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, see this article in the ITBHU Chronicle
Please send your nominations to elections AT itbhuglobal.org
Current list of Candidates: [as of Feb 27, 2010]
- Vice-President: Arvind Gupta (ECE 92, Delhi, India)
- Secretary: Manu Goyal (MEC 93, Highland Park, NJ, USA)
- Deputy Secretary: Praharsh Sharma (ECE 2010, Bangalore, India)
- Treasurer: Vibhore Kumar (CSE 2002, Stamford, CT, USA)
- Deputy Treasurer: Sunil Pal (MET 2002, Portland, Oregon, USA)
- Director-External Affairs: Rahul Hari (CSE 2006, Mumbai, India)
- Deputy Director-External Affairs: Sumit Thakur (EEE 07, Jersey City, NJ, USA)
- Director-Institute Affairs: Puneet Bindlish (MIN 02, Gurgaon, India)
- Deputy Director-Institute Affairs: Vikas Kumar (CER 08, Durgapur, India)
- Director-Website: Anand Singh (ECE 93, Singapore)
- Deputy Director-Website: Animesh Pathak (CSE 03, Paris, France)
- Director-Reunions: Vasudevan Raghavan (MEC 83, Frankfurt, Germany)
- Deputy Director-Reunions: Rajat Kashyap (ECE 06, Hyderabad, India)