Update: July 13, 2011: Tech work on election system still going on. Expect elections to start next Monday. Voting period will last for one week.
Update: June 30, 2011: Due to unforeseen delays in preparation of the election system, the actual voting phase has been moved to July 5 - 13, 2011. The list of final candidates is at https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AvNVi00BRGoQdDlpYWNJQlFaTkdtY2Rab2Y3SFFmcnc&single=true&gid=1&output=html&ndplr=1
More information coming soon.
Election Officer, IBGAA India 2011 elections
- Elections are going to be held only for 6 posts, with the Director of the institute being the ex-officio member from U.P. As a result, we cannot accept nominations from people in U.P. Sorry about that.
- All 6 elected directors will have to be from separate states (and none from U.P.).
- The current list of nominations, as well as remarks are visible at https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AvNVi00BRGoQdDlpYWNJQlFaTkdtY2Rab2Y3SFFmcnc&single=true&gid=1&output=html&ndplr=1
- The updated date of withdrawal of nominations is Tuesday June 21, 2011. Please send an email to election.india @ itbhuglobal.org from this email address if you would like to withdraw
- Those who wish to continue, please send a 300px x 300px photo and a brief bio (300 words + one web link) so that we can post it online for the voters by Tuesday June 21, 2011 to election.india @ itbhuglobal.org . Also please send over a scanned copy of address proof, which will be placed on record with the Govt. of India for all the finally elected board members.
- The elections will be held electronically on itbhuglobal.org from June 28 - July 5th, 2011. Each voter will be allowed to pick 6 people from the entire list. The top 6 candidates receiving the most number of votes will be elected to the board. In case there are more than one person in the top 6 from the same state, the one with a higher number of votes will be elected, while the other cannot be. We will then look at the candidate with the 7th highest score and so on. All ties will be decided by a run-off vote.