We are happy to announce the results of the elections for the board of directors for the ITBHU Global Alumni Association (India). The details of the votes cast are available at http://www.itbhuglobal.org/elections/pollingbooth/?q=node/7. Polling closed at 23:59 IST on July 25, 2011.
The election process allows only one director per state, with a max of 6 directors. Since the two candidates from Andhra Pradesh secured the same number of votes (5th highest), the election team had a discussion with them, upon which Arup Guha withdrew, with a promise to help the board as a volunteer.
The final list of board members is therefore as follows:
- Swati Agrawal, B.Tech Civil Engineering 1998, Pune
- Subramaniam Vaidhyanathan, B.Tech Chemical 1982, Chennai
- Puneet Bindlish, B.Tech Mining 2002, Gurgaon
- Arvind Gupta, B.Tech Electronics Engineering 1992, New Delhi
- Sudip Paul, M.Tech Biomedical Engineering 2009, Kolkata
- Rajat Kashyap, B.Tech Electrical Engineering 2006, Hyderabad
More details about each of them can be found at http://www.itbhuglobal.org/archives/2011/07/itbhu_alumni_association_india.html
We wish them the very best of luck. Additionally, we thank all alumni for participating, and all candidates for taking an active role. We hope they will also join the team of volunteers coordinating the activities of the alumni association in India.
IBGAA (India) Board elections, 2011