We are announcing the third election for Council of Representatives (CoR) for the alumni of our institute. It is organized by IT-BHU Global Alumni Association. The election will be done for the alumni, students, faculty and permanent staff of our institute. The representatives will be selected from alumni and students.
* The election process will be held during November 2012-January 2013
* The online voting system shall be used for the election for representatives from alumni and students only. They will represent the interests of the entire IT-BHU community (alumni, students, faculty and staff). The voting will be done only if there is more than one candidate for the same position. The voting will be done by alumni or students from the same class/branch or dept. as needed.
* The primary requirement to stand as a candidate is that the person should be a registered member of our alumni association and his name should be in our `registered alumni database'. Those who are not registered members yet, are encouraged to become members not later than December 10, 2012. Similarly, a voter should also be a registered member of our alumni association.
*The CoR election is held every two year. There is no term limit for a member. The current member can contest and remain member as long as he/she wishes.
Each representative will represent a `constituency' or a group of fellow-members as follows:
* For alumni: one representative from each class/branch (i.e. electrical 1995, mining 2000, etc.). The representative shall represent all the pass outs (B. Tech. /M. Tech. / PhD) from the same year and branch.
* For student: two representatives from each department (i.e. mechanical, biomedical, etc.). Currently there are 16 departments/schools at our institute. The representative shall represent all the pass outs (B. Tech /M. Tech / PhD) from the same department. Additional information:
____________ _________ ____
To send your name as a candidate, email to email@example.com
Please provide the following info in your email:
For candidate for alumni representatives (current alumni representatives need not apply again. They will continue as representatives till more nominations are received for the same branch/year position).
* Candidate's name
* Department/ year of pass out
* Highest degree received from the institute (B. Tech. /M. Tech. /PhD)
* Address (city/state/ country)
For candidate for student representatives (current student representatives need to apply again. They should be students as of Jan 2013.)
* Candidate's name
* Department/ current year
* Degree program (B. Tech. /M. Tech. /M. Tech. Integrated or Dual Degree/ PhD)
You may send your query to the undersigned election officers.
*Election announcement made by: November 10
*Nominations received by; December 10
*Withdrawal of nominations by December 20
*Election process: Jan 1-10
Results announced by: Jan 15.
Jairaj Hegde, Chief Election Officer
(B. Tech. Electrical 1982); Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.@ 06:03 AM
Applications are invited from first year students at our institute for the award of means based undergraduate students. All students who have joined our institute during the 2012-13 academic session, those who have need for financial help and those who want to avail this scholarship are encouraged to apply. (Note: Selected Students may have to provide proof of income if required.)
a) Naresh C. Jain and Christopher Jain Scholarship
Three students will be selected from the first-year students. The selected student will receive scholarship equivalent to the tuition fees (currently set at Rs. 35,000 per year). He will also continue to receive the scholarship each year for the 4 years of undergraduate study. The scholarship amount will increase in future if the tuition fees are increased.
b) Yogesh K. Upadhyaya Scholarship
Two students will be selected from the first-year students. The selected student will receive scholarship of Rs. 10,000 to partially cover the tuition fees. He will also continue to receive the scholarship each year for the second year of the undergraduate study.
Below please find more information about the scholarship. If interested, please fill out the application form, latest by December 10. The form is available online at the following link:
For any questions or clarifications, please email to Animesh Pathak (CSE2003) Deputy Director-Website, IIT-BHU Global Alumni Association at: email@example.com.
President, IIT-BHU Global Alumni Association
Who can apply?
Any student from the first year batch in the following programs:
* B. Tech
*5 yr Integrated M. Tech
*Integrated Dual Degree (IDD)
The scholarship is strictly on need-based criteria, irrespective of sex, religion, caste, department/subject, academic achievement, etc. The only criteria for continue receive the scholarship in subsequent years is the consistently good academic record (first-class) each year.
Since the scholarship is for the most financially needy students, the students should have verified family income of less than Rs. 2 lakh/yr.
How to apply
The students desirous to apply are requested to fill out the scholarship application form available online at the following link:
Deadline for submitting the form is December 10, 2012.
The selected students will be notified by December 31, 2012.
For any questions or clarifications, please email to Animesh Pathak (CSE2003) Deputy Director-Website, IT-BHU Global Alumni Association at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Yogesh Upadhyaya (Chemical 1977) at: email@example.com.