(ALL INDIA TECHNICAL FESTIVAL 2007-08)
INSTITUE OF TECHOLOGY
BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY
TECHNEX (TECHnical EXcellence) is a yearly inter-college technical competition dating back from 1939. It consists of various challenging events such as Bytes the Bits, Modex, Papyrus, Panchtantrika, e-motions, Robotrix, X-treme Engineering, Bal Vigyan, Nano mania, etc. There are also some relief events such as, Knowsarium, Chillology, Pro-nights, etc.
The details of the event can be viewed on our institute’s website: http://www.itbhu.ac.in/technex/
- For the first time in IT BHU, we have initiated some activities in the ASTRONOMY, PHOTOGRAPHY clubs of IT GYMKHANA with release of events named ASTROBOUT and SPECTRUM. We have invited Prof D C V Malik, an eminent professor from Indian Institute of Astrophysics to interact with the students and give a guest lecture there by enlightening the students with mysterious world of astronomy.
- We have invited Mr. IQBAL AHMED, the master of miniature machines to introduce the students with the futuristic world of miniaturization. He has many awards including a place in Guinness Book of World records to his credit. He would be demonstrating and giving a brief about the design and working of world’s smallest steam engine, a nail sized lathe machine to name a few.
- We are distributing a whopping prize money worth of Rs 4.5 Lakhs, ever announced in the history of TECHNEX depicting the exponential rise of this TECHnical EXtravaganza of our institute.
- TECHNEX-08 is also going to witness an international celebrity in the world of electronics naming “Prof Kevin Warwick". He is the world’s first CYBORG. He will be demonstrating and lecturing his innovative designs and concepts visualizing a completely automated world. He has his name registered in Limca Book of World Records and Guinness Book of World Records.
- Apart from the record participation and celebrities, TECHNEX 08 is hosting LASER SHOW and PYRO CRACKERS show to chill the strained nerves of the participants and organizers
This year a new event (perhaps first time in the country) called SPACE PRO-AM is planned and a leading personality from the space technology field is expected to grace the moment as a chief guest. The event will be an exclusive five-round competition based on space technology. We are also processing a separate event on air borne design and also have plans to conduct workshops on rocketry.
|Prof. V.P. Singh||Dr. P. Ghosh||A. Rakesh||Aditya Kandoi|
|President IT-Gymkhana||Chairman CCA Wing||Gen Sec. CCA||Jt. Gen Sec. CCA|
- Additional Links
- Prof. D C V Malik as a guest speaker for Technex-08
We are pleased to announce that Prof. D C V Malik will be the guest speaker of our Technex-08 event. He will deliver a lecture on “mysterious world of astronomy”.
Prof. Malik is a Visiting Professor at Indian Institute of Astrophysics and Chairman of the institute’s Public Outreach Committee.
- Science kits for studying the sun
- Mr. Iqbal Ahmed-Master of miniature machines
- Prof. Kevin Warwick-Pioneer of Cyborg