According to the news item (see below), HRD Minister, Mr. Pallam Raju conducted interview of six candidates for the post of IIT-BHU Director on February 19. The six candidates included: one from IIT-BHU, two from IIT-Kanpur, two from IIT-Kharagpur and one from IIIT-Hyderabad.
1) IIT BHU global Alumni meet at Bangalore on June 29, 2013.
International IIT BHU Global Alumni Mega Meet
Saturday, June 29, 2013
Kalinga Hall, Lalit Ashok Hotel, Bangalore, India
Registration is now open.
We at the IIT BHU Global Alumni Association (IBGAA) are delighted to host our first ever IIT BHU Global Alumni Mega Meet in India on Saturday, June 29 2013 at the Kalinga Hall, Lalit Ashok Hotel in Bangalore. This will be a great reunion with trips down memory lane with several influential alumni and our honorable Director IITBHU and Chairman BOG IITBHU (VC of BHU) as special guests
Further details about the meet are being put up at the site http://bangalore2013.iitb huglobal.org/ .
Register and book now to avail the Early Bird Discounted rate
We look forward to welcome you at the Global Meet on June 29, 2013.
*Vish Narayanan (Electrical 1983)
President, IIT BHU Global Alumni Association
Email: vish.narayanan@gmail. com
*Sumit Dey (Electrical 2004)
Chair, Bangalore Global Meet
*Ajit Agrawal (Mech 1972)
Co-Chair, Bangalore Global Meet
Email: Ajit_Agarwal@hotmail. com
Phone: 98452 85917
*Manish Gupta (Mech 1994)
Chair, Bangalore Global Meet
Phone 080 4098777
2) Pan IIT US meet at Houston, Texas (USA) on Dec 6-8, 2013.
The Chronicle is the voice of our IIT-BHU community. We need more news, reports, photos, etc. from students, faculty and alumni. Please send your news at: email@example.com.
Deadline for submitting articles is 15th of each month.
Since we plan to publish chronicle issue by the end of each month, we request our readers to send articles latest by 15th. Articles received later than that date will be published only if time permits. Please add “for chronicle” in the subject line.
1) Deadline extended for applying for the post of Board of Directors
The deadline for applying for the post of directors is extended to March 15. All interested alumni are requested to apply online as follows:
a) For IBGAA-Global (14 posts)
Alumni can apply using the following link, showing the type of post preferred. Alumni can be from any part of the world.
b) For IBGAA-India (7-30 posts)
Alumni can apply using the following link, all posts are equal. Alumni must be resident of India (proof needed later).
Additional notes for IBGAA-India
* There can be Minimum 7 and maximum 30 governing body members in the Governing Body including elected and ex-officio members.
* Societies Act requires that an association/society becomes of NATIONAL character (where you can have members from all of India) if its body is represented by those residing in at least 7 States of India. If you fulfill this requirement, other governing body members can come from even a single State. It is not necessary that all States are to be represented in the governing body.
* Institute Director is PERMANENT ex-officio governing body member & Chairman. Since he will have residential status in UP, minimum 6 governing body members from 6 different States are necessary to maintain the National Character of the association.
Jairaj Hegde (Electrical 1982)
Chief Election Officer
For Election Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IIT-BHU Global Alumni Association
IIT-BHU Global Alumni Association (India)
2) 2013 Publication Award winners announced.
Please refer to our Campus View page where winners of our 2013 Publication Awards are announced. There are total 20 awardees among undergraduate/doctorates/faculty. The award is given out by our alumni association since 2009. It is based on number and quality of research papers published by individuals in leading technical/scientific journals or at conference. Each award winner received cash prize (Rs. 3,000/Rs. 5,000/Rs. 8,000), a certificate and a plaque/memento.
3) New web-links:
a) A new Facebook group for IIT-BHU Chronicle magazine is created by Ankit Mittal (5th yr Civil IDD).
b) A video about the dramatic effect on a student’s life after receiving alumni funded tuition scholarship is posted on YouTube:
Karan Bajaj (final yr Computer Science and Engineering) worked with a team of 4 juniors, coming up with a Video Documentary on Naresh C. Jain scholarship for which he had assisted Shri NC Jain last year.
Karan wishes to establish a bidirectional communication platform so that important issues among the Student community reach the Alumni community effectively. This clip is a little first step.
The students have used best Digital Cameras available with them, and were a little nervous during the shoot, but we ended up completing the compilation in 20 days.
Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University
Varanasi 221005, UP