Chronicle has received following invitation letter from the organizing committee for IIT (BHU) Global Alumni Meet at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, California on Saturday, September 17, 2016. This is the 5th Global Alumni Meet of our IIT-BHU Global Alumni Association.
Based on feedback received from our alumni and generous donations provided by our patrons, the current base price of $150 per person is extended till Sunday, August 21. Please register as soon as possible. Refer to Fees Schedule below.
Special guests and VIPs at the Global meet will include:
* Prof. Girish Chandra Tripathi, Vice-Chancellor of Banaras Hindu University
* Prof. Rajeev Sangal, Director of IIT (BHU)
* Prof. Anil K. Tripathi, Dean, Resource and Alumni, IIT (BHU)
* Prof. Satish Tripathi, President, Sate university of New York at Buffalo, New York (M.Sc. Statistics, BHU, 1970)
* Shri Manoj Sinha (Civil 1979), Minister of State, Communication and Railways
* Mr. R. K. Verma (Civil 1979), Secretary, Railway Board
* Dr. Virinder Moudgil (PhD Molecular Science 1972, BHU), President & CEO, Lawrence Technological University, Michigan
* Ambassador Venkatesan Ashok (Civil 1981, IIT-Delhi), Consul General of India - San Francisco
Subject: BHU Centennial Celebrations!
Dear Fellow Alumnus/Alumna,
This year our Alma Mater - BHU - is celebrating 100 years of contribution to education in India.
To launch the celebrations, the IIT-BHU Global Alumni Association will be hosting a Global Meet at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA on the 17th of September 2016.
An event of this importance requires your whole-hearted support and participation.
Please register http://centenary.iitbhuglobal.org/registration as soon as possible and mark September 17 on your calendar. Please convey this message to your BHU friends.
Looking forward to seeing you at the event,
Ramesh Srinivasan Vivek Agarwal Vish Narayanan
(Metallurgy 1982) (Electronics 1986) (Electrical 1983)
Chair Co-Chair President
2016 Global Alumni Meet 2016 Global Alumni Meet IIT-BHU Global Alumni Association
V.P. IITBHU Bay Area Alumni
BHU Centenary Global Meet: Silicon Valley on Saturday, September 17, 2016
Celebrating 100 years of Excellence
Website and Registration:
See who have registered so far:
Hotel and travel info:
Full Registration includes: breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening entertainment
Guest Pass includes: Only Dinner and Entertainment on September 17, 2016 at 6pm. Such passes are valid only when the guest is accompanied by an alumnus who has registered for the full day event.
•Till August 21, 2016
Full Registration: Individual $150, Student $75, Patron $500, Champion $1,000, Outside USA $50
Guest Pass (dinner and entertainment): $75.
•From August 22, 2016 to September 04, 2016
Full Registration: Individual $160, Student $75, Patron $500, Champion $1,000, Outside USA $50
Guest Pass (dinner and entertainment): $80.
•From September 05, 2016 to September 16, 2016
Full Registration: Individual $175, Student $75, Patron $500, Champion $1,000, Outside USA $50
Guest Pass (dinner and entertainment): $85.
•On September 17, 2016 (at the venue)
Full Registration: Individual $200, Student $75, Patron $500, Champion $1,000, Outside USA $50
Guest Pass (dinner and entertainment): $100.
The next issue will be September 2016 issue, to be published by the end of September.
Chronicle is published six times a year in odd months (January, March, May, July, September and November)
The Chronicle is the voice of our IIT-BHU community. We need more news, reports, photos, etc. from students, faculty and alumni. Please send your news at: email@example.com.
Due to large number of articles being received, preference will be given to articles which are relevant to institute and alumni community.
Editor: Yogesh K Upadhyaya (Chemical 1977). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submitting articles is 10th of publishing month.
For posting comments, please email us at: email@example.com.
Search past chronicle issues by name, location, event, etc. using “Search Website” link on the right-side on http://www.itbhuglobal.org/
For IIT-BHU, the 2016 IIT-JEE topper joining this year is Saurabh Singh. He is joining as first year B. Tech student in the Department of Computer Engineering. His AIR rank is 500.
Saurabh Singh can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chronicle will publish detailed analysis of 2016-17 admitted students with their IIT-JEE ranks in the next (September) issue.
The current chronicle issue (July 2016) contains the following news and articles.
- BHU Centenary Global Meet at Santa Clara, California on September 17, 2016- Announcement
-Saurabh Singh IIT-JEE topper (kholu) with AIR of 500 among all 2016-17 admitted students at our institute.
*Provides news on BHU, IITs and important national education news.
1) Scholarly article: “What it takes to clean the Ganges” published in The New Yorker magazine
2) Madhava Syamlal (Chemical 1977) at the base camp for Mount Everest
(Chronicle note: This is the first article in our Travelogue section under Report page. We invite more such article from our alumni giving first-hand experience of travel at exotic places or undertaking adventure.)
3) Parth Bhalara (Ceramic 2014) Fellow at Teach for India, helping school children of Mangalam Convent School, Ahmedabad
Campus View page
* Campus Reports:
- Update on funding for BRSI -Kashi Hindu Vishva Vidyalaya – Shatabdi Puraskaar (Centenary Award)- provided by Prof. S. N. Upadhyay.
He is also appealing our alumni to help.
Alumni World page
* Following alumni news are published:
1) Dr. Kota Harinarayana (Mechanical 1965), chief designer and former programme head of Tejas fighter-plane project
2) Mr. Manoj Sinha (Civil 1979) takes over charge of Telecom ministry
3) Kameswara Rao (Mechanical 1988), partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers Pvt. Ltd (PwC)-about need for renewable energy
4) Mahesh Nandurkar (Electronics 1996) writes about improvement in core-sector growth
5) Sandeep Bapna (Mechanical 1997) – India Head, Khan Academy, featured in news article
6) Blubirch founded by Sapan Jain and Amit Tiwari (both B. Pharm 1998) are disrupting the reverse logistics business in ecommerce
7) MintM (CEO Sachin Garg, Electrical 2000) raises undisclosed amount in funding led by Mumbai Angels and Times Internet
8) Amit Shrivastava (CSE 2000) Co-founder of KopyKitab
9) DhobiLite, a start-up by Nishant Tripathi (Metallurgy 2007) and Abhishek Kumar (Mining 2005) gaining traction
10) Satvacart (founded by Rahul Hari CSE 2006) to raise another $2 million in current round
11) Zo and Zostel (founded by Chetan Chauhan, Dharamveer Singh Chouhan and Abhishek Bhutra (all Ceramic 2012) is ought OYO
12) Aquvio, a start-up by Naveen Kumar (Civil, B.Tech.,2014) and Rohit Kumar Mittal (Civil, IDD, 2015) shortlisted among the top 20 semi-finalists in the (GCIP) - India Chapter
13) Mr. Bimal Sarkar (Electrical 1977) receives Institute of Directors Award
1) Mr. Amit Majumdar (Metallurgy 1963) among finalists for PLATTS Lifetime Achievement Award
2) Prof. (Dr.) Hari Narain Singh (Mechanical 1971) - Head-Entrepreneur Development Centre, BBDIT, Ghaziabad, UP
3) Murli Thirumale (Electronics 1982) CEO – Portworx, Speaker at IIT Bay Area Conference held on June 25, 2016
4) Mr. Prayut Bhamawat (Civil 2008), Technical Director of Mangalam Steelcast Pvt. Ltd., elected as Chairman of IIF from Vadodara Chapter, Gujarat
1) Interview with Dr. Hira Fotedar (Metallurgy 1966), Ex-Vice President of Eaton Corporation and involved in social work
2) Interview with Mr. Dave Goswami (Mechanical 1974), Entrepreneur of The Year 2016 Greater Philadelphia finalist
3) Mass Interview with our recent graduates who cleared UPSC exams. Following alumni were interviewed.
Mr. Alok Kumar Singh (metallurgy 2009), Mr. Narendra Rawat (Chemical 2013), Mr. S. M. Qasim Abidi (Ceramic 2010), Mr. Rahul Kumar (Civil 2012), Mr. Shailendra Singh Indoliya (Metallurgy 2012), Mr. Trilok Bansal (Civil 2006) and Mr. Abhishek J. Jain (Chemical 2014).
*Scholarly published articles collected around the world on topics such as science and Technology, Business, arts, politics, education, health, world affairs, etc.
About Us page
*Information about Chronicle Publication
Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University
Varanasi 221005, UP