We are pleased to state that our alumni association (IIT (BHU) Global Alumni Association or IBGAA) has launched a website:
The site was officially launched on 17 September, 2016.
The new website replaces our old site www.itbhuglobal.org. The old site is now deactivated and shows pointer to the new website.
All of our alumni (including alumni, students, faculty and staff of our institute) are requested to visit the new website. Please select the Register” link on right side and fill out necessary info to register. You can fill our new info fresh or use the info of old site which we have migrated.
Please also spread the word around for our new website. There are over 1,300 alumni registered on new website (as on Nov 10) and many are added daily.
If you have any questions about the new website, please contact Ashish Bhartia at: email@example.com.
About the new alumni site:
The old one was difficult to maintain and was based on very old tech, we had issues in posting and if any changes were needed it was difficult. Also the look and feel was not very attractive.
It took about 12 to 15 months to plan, negotiate and setup new website.
Setting up a new website was a team effort. It was led by Ashish Bhartia. The team included following IBGAA board members:
Ashish Bhartia (Mechanical 1992)
Animesh Pathak (CSE 2003)
Raj Narang (Electrical 1985)
Abhijeet Solanki (Mechanical 1994)
The admin team is responsible for uploading articles and periodic review and modification. The team members are:
* Ashish Bhartia (Mechanical 1992)
* Animesh Pathak (CSE 2003)
* Nikhil Jain (IDD Mining 2016)
* Anurag Roy (IDD Mechanical 2016)
The new website will provide following benefits compared to the old one:
The new website is easier to use and has good look and feel. It has features like: social media integration and sign on, easy profile maintenance, better search functionalities, indivdual pages for chapters / affiliated associations / whiteboard for various discussions, continuous enhancement of functionalities and build new functions.
We plan to launch an android app shortly to let alumni follow the updates directly on their mobiles.
Vaave was selected for this project as the company exclusively deals in alumni website, so what they develop for one is rolled out all their clients. The integration feature with mobile app will be launched soon.
Vaave is SaaS platform to build exclusive alumni networks. We at Vaave envision a world in which ALL institutions are effectively leveraging the power of their alumni networks.
It all started 6 years ago when Paresh Masade opted out of campus placements at NITIE Mumbai to build his own company. Sanjeev dropped out of his master’s programme in IIIT Hyderabad and joined Paresh. Both of them together built Vaave.
Vaave team operates from Hyderabad.
Co-Founder & Managing Director
Co-Founder & CEO
Head - Sales
Jaipal Reddy Kadari
Head - Finance & Operations
Vaave Team (from Left: Yasaswy Peesapati, Sanjeev Kosaraju, Paresh Masade, Jaipal Reddy Kadari)
We currently serve more than 800 institutions across India. Our happy customers include University of Mysore, IIT BHU, VNIT Nagpur, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Institute of Chemical Technology, Kurnool Medical College Alumni of North America Association, Fergusson College etc.
Vaave recently launched its first international network for Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative (GESCI), run by United Nations ICT Task Force in Africa. We launched our mobile app recently and will soon be launching our first corporate network for Qualcomm India.
Vaave helps institutions build and manage an updated alumni database, organize successful reunions & alumni meets, involve alumni in student development, raise funds from alumni and engage alumni effectively.
Our features include complete database management solution, events module, funds module, mentorship module, jobs & internships module and online merchandize store. We will soon be launching our mobile application. Our network can be launched in 7 days and we provide round the clock support to our customers.
Vaave is the result of an extensive research and hard work put in by the team over the years and suits and caters to all the needs of alumni and institutions.
By leveraging their alumni relationships effectively - Institutions can raise funds from their alumni to solve the existing infrastructure problems; alumni can mentor students and help them make wiser career choices; alumni networks can generate job opportunities and referrals for students and alumni of the institutions; alumni can fund research projects and start-ups by their alma mater and alumni can also help structure future strategies and curriculum of the institutions.
Features of IIT-BHU site
IIT BHU site has many features like
· Discussion Boards – Where alumni can have discussions on various topics
· Chapters – For alumni to locate and engage with alumni near them
· Transcripts – Alumni can request transcripts using this feature
· Job Board & Recruit from IIT BHU – Alumni can post Job opportunities they are aware of
· Mentorship Module – Alumni can mentor current students to help them become industry ready and motivate them
· Profiles – Every member will have a separate profile where they can update their details
· Member Search – Alumni can search for their batchmates and friends from the institute by Batch, Name, Location etc.
· And many more...
We will be continuously improvising on the existing features and build new ones that will promote active and meaningful alumni engagement.
The network is completely hosted on Amazon Web Services along with all latest security measures to ensure data protection. The project was completed in 3 months.
We hope that our network will help IIT (BHU) build a strong alumni network and that the network will be utilized to its fullest potential in a way that will benefit IIT BHU, its alumni and its students. We would love to have your feedback on the network.
We wish to connect every institution in our country back to their alumni. Please feel free to reach out to us if you know an institute that can benefit from our services.
Always at your service,
For Vaave Team
Dear Friends of IIT BHU (62 of them. I notice lot of new names):
Welcome to Chennai BHU Alumni Association. We will be meeting on December 25, 2016 to pay our respects to our Founder Mahamana Malaviyaji on his birthday. Please get in touch with me by mailing me with your contact details so that we can orgainize the function in the best possible manner. My mail id is firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile 7299020523.
Please inform fellow BHU alumni you may be knowing.
Thanks to all of you,
Dr. T. Srinivasan
Received the following message about alumni mentorship from Incharge, Student Alumni Interaction Cell, IIT (BHU) Varanasi:
Greetings from SAIC, IIT (BHU). As a step towards improving interaction between Students and Alumni and helping the final year students of the institute get a jump start in their careers, the Student-Alumni Mentorship Program has been launched by the cell. We request you to register for the mentorship program to help your alma mater with the experience that you have gained over the years from the outside world.
We hope to see you interact and guide your juniors and help them clear their queries on their path ahead. Your contribution will be an asset for the students.
For more information about the programme, please go to the registration page as given below:
To register in the mentorship programme:
1. Visit iitbhualumni.net and login using your credentials.
2. Go in 'contribute' section on the top of the webpage, click on 'Mentorship' and fill in the required details.
Also, please do share a word about the program among other Alumni you are in touch with.
Student Alumni Interaction Cell,
IIT (BHU) Varanasi
Dated: September 4, 2016
The next issue will be January 2017 issue, to be published by the end of November.
Chronicle is published six times a year in odd months (January, March, May, July, September and November)
The Chronicle is the voice of our IIT-BHU community. We need more news, reports, photos, etc. from students, faculty and alumni. Please send your news at: email@example.com.
Due to large number of articles being received, preference will be given to articles which are relevant to institute and alumni community.
Editor: Yogesh K Upadhyaya (Chemical 1977). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submitting articles is 10th of publishing month.
For posting comments, please email us at: email@example.com.
Search past issues of Chronicle at: https://www.iitbhuglobal.org/chronicle/
The current chronicle issue (November 2016) contains the following news and articles.
- New website launched by IBGAA (https://connect.iitbhuglobal.org/)
- Mentorship program at IIT (BHU) – message from Student Alumni Interaction Cell
- Chennai BHU Alumni Association meeting on December 25 - announcement
*Provides news on BHU, IITs and important national education news.
*Complete coverage on California Centennial Meet
- 2016 California Centennial Meet on 17 September 2016 - Report
-2016 IBGAA Distinguished Alumnus Awards and Distinguished Guests at 2016 California Centennial Meet
(Dr. Anil Chakravarthy; Prof. Devesh Kapur; Mr. Sanjay Sethi; Mr. Darshan Goswami; Dr. Sarvajna Dwivedi and Dr. Salil Prabhakar)
Campus View page
- IIT (BHU) 5th Convocation on 17 October 2016- Report. It was reported by Nikhil Jain, Anurag Roy and Tarun Kumar Pandey (Junior Assistant).
* Campus Reports:
- Induction Program - a novel experiment at IIT (BHU) for Undergraduate students. It was reported by Prof. R. K. Mandal.
* Student Corner
- Team Averera at IIT (BHU) campus designs fuel-efficient cars. The 20-member student team is led by Ankit Patel (IDD Civil 2018).
Alumni World page
*Alumni Association Update
- IBGAA Financial update
- IBGAA transfer of funds
* Following alumni news are published:
1) Dr. Mrityunjay Singh (PhD Metallurgy 1983) receives 2016 Keramos Award
2) CL Educate (Nikhil Manajan - Electrical 1991) plans IPO to mop up around Rs 275-300 crore
3) Inventive Business Promotions (founded by Shobhit Arora-Mechanical 1998) raises $200,000 from existing investors (Viraj Tyagi-1991)
4) Rajeev Gupta (Chemical 1993) led the roundtable at MDI Gurgaon on ‘Predatory pricing in the cab aggregation industry’
5) Sequoia-backed expense manager Walnut names Anurag Sinha (Electrical 1999) as co-founder
6) Online Job Search Portal IIMJobs (founded by Tarun Matta, CSE 2000) Secures Series A Funding
1) Anurag Roy (IDD Mechanical 2016), Engineer at Eaton Corporation, Pune, India
2) Suraj Chaudhry (Mechanical 1994), founder of Woodruff Advisory Services, a boutique firm engaged in executive coaching and training, published an article titled “7 Steps to Becoming a Partner at a Consulting Firm”
3) Prof. Devesh Kapur (Chemical 1983) - Director of the Centre for Advanced Study of India at the University of Pennsylvania, and the co-author of a new book – “The Other One Percent: Indians in America”
4) Dr. Sandeep Pandey (Mechanical 1986) publishes an article “Renewed Interest in nuclear Disarmament”
1) Interview with Dr. Leah Renold, Associate Professor, Modern South Asian History (Texas State University) - author of the book, “A Hindu Education: The Early Years of the Banaras Hindu University”
2) Interview (published in Hindustan Times) with Prof. Devesh Kapur (Chemical 1983) - Director of the Centre for Advanced Study of India at the University of Pennsylvania, and the co-author of a new book – “The Other One Percent: Indians in America”
*Scholarly published articles collected around the world on topics such as science and Technology, Business, arts, politics, education, health, world affairs, etc.
About Us page
*Information about Chronicle Publication
Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University
Varanasi 221005, UP